Loughlin to call Devils games on radio broadcasts
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Matt Loughlin is the new radio play-by-play announcer for the New Jersey Devils.
Loughlin, 48, will make his debut Oct. 6, when the Devils open their 25th season against the Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes. He hosted the team's pre- and post-game shows the past eight seasons on Fox Sports New York and served as the fill-in play-by-play announcer.
"Matt has covered sports at different levels for a number of years and, through his hard work, has gained respect in this marketplace," Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello said.
Loughlin will continue his role as an anchor for NBA TV's "The Insiders," having recently covered the NBA draft and the WNBA All-Star Game.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Pens' Engelland suspended 5 games for hit
- Blue Jackets D Prout on IR, out 2-3 weeks
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New Jersey Devils Red Dodger Hoodie