Blackhawks re-sign forward Ruutu to two-year deal
The 23-year-old center was returning to Chicago from Finland and was expected to report on Thursday for the first day of training camp, Blackhawks spokesman Jim DeMaria said.
The 6-2, 200-pound Ruutu, chosen with the No. 9 pick in the 2001 draft, played in only 15 games last season because of ankle and back injuries. He had two goals and three assists.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Chicago Blackhawks Pub Table