Leafs add former captain Gilmour to front office
The NHL team hired its former captain on Friday to become the player personnel advisor to general manager John Ferguson.
Gilmour twice played for the Maple Leafs and retired as a member of the team after suffering a serious knee injury in 2003.
He took over as captain in 1994 during his first stint with the Leafs and held the position for three years.
Gilmour played 1,474 NHL games with Calgary, St. Louis, Toronto, Buffalo, Chicago, New Jersey and Montreal. He won the Stanley Cup with the Flames in 1989.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Habs add Lacroix, Ramage to coaching staff
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Toronto Maple Leafs 14'' Neon Clock