Lehtinen gets two-year, $8M extension from Stars
The club exercised its option for the 2006-07 season, and the extension will keep him under contract through the 2008-09 season.
"Jere has been a model of professionalism throughout his career," general manager Doug Armstrong said Saturday. "He is one of the best two-way forwards in the game. Consistency and honesty are Jere's trademarks and he brings them to the rink every day."
Lehtinen, a six-time 20-goal scorer, set career-highs last season in goals (33) and power-play goals (14) and tied career-highs in game-winning goals (6) and games (80). The 33-year-old Finn was a member of the Stars' 1999 Stanley Cup championship team.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Dallas Stars Green Sheen Wristlet