Rozsival to miss preseason after knee surgery
NEW YORK -- Michal Rozsival, one of the Rangers' top defensemen last season, underwent surgery on his right knee Wednesday and is expected to be sidelined for the rest of the preseason.
Rozsival will be out of action for two weeks, but should be back in time for New York's season opener on Oct. 5.
There was no specific cause for the torn cartilage in Rozsival's knee but an MRI revealed the damage to the medial meniscus.
The 27-year-old Rozsival played in all 82 games last season with the Rangers, pairing with Marek Malik on defense.
Rozsival had five goals, 25 assists and tied for the NHL lead with a plus-35 rating.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Source: Quenneville gesture being reviewed
- Steen boosts Blues over Blackhawks in 3OT
- Stastny ties it, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
- Sharks dominate Quick, Kings from start
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's New York Rangers Derek Stepan #21 Player Replica Blue T-Shirt