Wild cut roster, send five to top minor-league team
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild reduced their training camp roster to 28 players Monday, sending five skaters to their top minor league affiliate.
With several veteran additions at the forward positions this summer, the Wild have few, if any, spots to give one of their prospects. Olvecky, Pouliot and Voloshenko, in particular, drew coach Jacques Lemaire's criticism over the weekend for their lackluster performance in camp.
Minnesota has exhibition games Wednesday and Thursday nights, at Detroit and at St. Louis.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Custom Men's Minnesota Wild Green Third Premier Jersey