Fedorov to make regular-season debut against Sharks
Fedorov, 36, who sat out the Blue Jackets' first six games with a shoulder injury, picked the right game to return -- he has had great success against the Sharks.
In his 15-year NHL career, Fedorov has 20 goals and 30 assists in 48 games against the Sharks. San Jose is one of 14 teams against whom Fedorov has averaged at least one point against in his career.
Without the services of one of its top players, Columbus (2-3-1) has struggled to score goals, managing just 17 in its first six games to rank 26th in the league.
In another move, Columbus recalled left wing Alexandre Picard from Syracuse of the American Hockey League.
The eighth overall pick in 2004, Picard had two goals in six games with Syracuse. The 21-year-old failed to record a point in 17 games with the Blue Jackets last season.
SportsTicker contributed to this story.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Jose Sharks Leader Black Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket