Preds hope Vokoun returns after Christmas
Vokoun, who injured his thumb on Nov. 23 in a 6-0 win over the Vancouver Canucks, skated on his own before the team morning skate, the newspaper reported.
The Preds are hoping that Vokoun, who is currently wearing a moderate-sized cast on his left arm, will be able to return to the roster after Christmas, the newspaper said.
Vokoun, 30, was 11-4-1 with a 2.49 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage in 16 games before being injured. Backup Chris Mason, who filled in for Vokoun last season when he was sidelined with a blood clot, is 8-4 with a 2.77 GAA and a .917 save percentage.
Not counting the game in which Vokoun was injured, the Predators are 5-4 since he was sidelined.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Nashville Predators Navy Spark Polo