Kopecky has surgery on collarbone, out 10-12 weeks
Detroit Red Wings
The 24-year-old center from Slovakia was injured a minute into the third period of the Red Wings' 3-2 victory over Chicago on Thursday night. Kopecky lost his footing and hit the boards as he approached the Chicago blue line, and Blackhawks defenseman Jim Vandermeer then fell on top of him.
Kopecky, who has one goal this season, was motionless on the ice for a few minutes before being helped to the dressing room by members of the Detroit training staff.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's Detroit Red Wings Fire Drill V-Neck T-Shirt