Islanders trade Zhitnik to Flyers for Meyer
The move gives the Islanders some cap room. Zhitnik has two years and $7 million left on his contract while Meyer will earn just $525,000 this season and next.
Zhitnik joined the Islanders last year after playing 10 seasons in Buffalo. He has two goals and 11 points in 30 games this year.
Meyer signed with the Flyers in 2003 after going undrafted. In 83 NHL games the past three years, he has eight goals and 32 points. This season, he has two goals and five points in 25 games.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New York Islanders Striker Quarter-Zip Grey Pullover