Modano says Wednesday return 'up in the air'
Modano skated for about 30 minutes at Monday's practice before leaving the ice with soreness in his hip, The Dallas Morning News reported.
Modano told the newspaper he's "up in the air" for Wednesday's game at Anaheim, adding that if he doesn't practice Tuesday, he probably won't play.
"I don't want to do anything to set me back anymore. I'll see how it feels [Tuesday]," he told the Morning News. "We'll see how sore or tight or irritated it is."
The Stars are 3-3 without Modano, who was sidelined with a hip flexor injury suffered on Dec. 4 against the San Jose Sharks. The team placed him on the injured reserve list on Dec. 14 retroactive to Dec. 4.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores 400th career goal
- Vanek lifts Islanders past slumping Rangers
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Dallas Stars 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt