Pens' Eaton has cast removed, return still uncertain
PITTSBURGH -- Penguins defenseman Mark Eaton has had the cast removed from his surgically repaired left wrist.
But it may be another six weeks before he returns to the ice.
Eaton says he needs that time to regain the range of motion and his strength.
Eaton was injured during the Nov. 4 game at San Jose when he was boarded by Sharks forward Jonathan Cheechoo in the first minute of a 3-2 loss.
At the time, Eaton was leading the team with 36 blocked shots in 11 games.
Eaton is looking at possibly returning to the lineup for the Feb. 1 home game against Montreal.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury Bracelet