Flames' Iginla out indefinitely with sprained knee
"It's always tough getting injured, but it's part of hockey and a lot of guys go through it," Iginla said Friday. "Thankfully over my career, I haven't had that many. I'll deal with this one and try to get back as soon as I can."
Iginla was injured Thursday night when his leg was pinned up against the boards on a hit by Florida defenseman Bryan Allen in the second period of the Flames' 5-4 overtime victory. The Flames' captain then got into a spirited fight with Allen.
"You try to stay positive, take care of yourself, and do what they [doctors and trainers] tell us," said Iginla, who has 23 goals and 30 assists in 39 games. "There's no surgery or anything like that and that's a good thing. It's sore today but we'll see what they say in a week."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tarasenko back for Blues; Oshie sidelined
- Flyers goalie Mason out for Game 1 vs. Rangers
- Getzlaf scores, is injured in win over Stars
- Penguins erase 2-goal deficit, top Jackets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Calgary Flames Authentic Hockey Red T-Shirt