Therrien to miss game after father's death
PITTSBURGH -- Penguins coach Michel Therrien will miss Saturday's home game against the New York Rangers because of his father's death.
Gerry Therrien, 77, died in Montreal on Thursday after a series of strokes.
Michel Therrien planned to coach Thursday night against the New Jersey Devils and then fly to Montreal to be with his family before rejoining the Penguins on Monday.
Penguins assistant coaches Andre Savard and Mike Yeo will run the team's practice Friday and the Saturday afternoon game.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Crosby nets 20th as Pens win 7th straight
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Franchise Fitted Black Hat