Islanders' DiPietro a game-time decision on Thursday
MONTREAL -- Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro has a stiff neck and is a game-time decision for New York's game in Ottawa on Thursday.
DiPietro left Tuesday's 5-3 loss to Montreal with 4:19 remaining in the opening period after he collided with Canadiens forward Steve Begin. DiPietro was chasing down a loose puck at the Islanders blue line to prevent a breakaway when Begin's leg hit the goalie in the head.
DiPietro has made 18 straight starts and traveled with the team to Ottawa on Wednesday.
"One thing about Ricky is that he's a fierce competitor," Islanders coach Ted Nolan said. "Right off, Ricky said 'I'll be ready for the next one.' He's a warrior, so we'll bring him [to Ottawa] and see what happens from there."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games New York Islanders 40'' Tiffany Lamp