Connolly sidelined by stress fracture below knee
Connolly, who hasn't played this season after sustaining a concussion in last season's playoffs, skated for about 30 minutes before the team's optional practice.
Toni Lydman, meanwhile, was going to meet with team doctors on Monday, four days after leaving Buffalo's game against Florida midway through the second period with an upper body injury. Coach Lindy Ruff said the defenseman is still day-to-day.
Forward Ales Kotalik continues to make progress from a knee sprain that has kept him out since Feb. 18. He could make his return this week.
The Sabres open a two-game homestand on Wednesday against Washington. They just completed a four-game road trip in which they collected six of a possible eight points.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores 400th career goal
- Vanek lifts Islanders past slumping Rangers
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Buffalo Sabres First Niagara Center Signature Rink Photo