Hockey Fights Cancer auctions player jerseys
TORONTO -- Sidney Crosby's first NHL All-Star jersey went for $47,520 in an auction that earned $140,397 for Hockey Fights Cancer.
Other notable final bids were $5,681 for Brendan Shanahan's jersey and $5,020 for Martin Brodeur's jersey. The jerseys were worn during the first period of the Jan. 24 game in Dallas and were auctioned online as a NHL-NHLPA project.
Hockey Fights Cancer was founded in 1998 by the NHL and NHLPA to raise money and awareness in the fight against cancer. More than $9 million has been raised so far.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kirilenko ends engagement to Caps' Ovechkin
- Leafs, defenseman Franson avoid arbitration
- Rangers agree to terms with vet Stempniak
- Kulikov signs 3-year deal to stay with Panthers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby #87 Away White Premier Jersey