Horton signs six-year, $24 million deal with Panthers
Horton, a first-round pick by Florida in 2003, played in all 82 games for the Panthers this past season. The 22-year-old had a career-high 31 goals and 31 assists.
"Nathan compiled a career-best season last year, proving to be one of our club's top offensive threats," Florida coach and general manager Jacques Martin said in a statement. "He is a very skilled and talented player who is a key part of our nucleus of offensive talent."
The new deal will play Horton $3 million next season, and his salary steadily rises to $5.5 million in the final year.
In his three seasons with the Panthers, Horton has played in 208 games with 73 goals and 58 assists.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores 400th career goal
- Vanek lifts Islanders past slumping Rangers
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Florida Panthers Navy Signature Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie