Predators' Mason signs two-year, $6M extension
Mason will be paid $3 million for two seasons starting in 2008-09, vice president and general manager David Poile said. Mason previously was signed through the 2007-08 season, when he will make $1.25 million.
With Vokoun out part of the 2006-07 season with a hand injury, Mason played in 40 games and went 24-11-4 with five shutouts -- all career highs. He also ranked second in the NHL with a .925 save percentage.
Mason played in 22 consecutive games for the Predators between Nov. 23, 2006, and Jan. 6 -- the second longest consecutive appearance streak in the franchise's history.
In 84 career regular-season NHL games with the Predators, Mason has posted a 41-21-6 record with a .921 save percentage and a 2.43 goals-against average.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Highland Mint Nashville Predators Bridgestone Arena Signature Rink Photo