Canucks sign Bieksa to $11.25M, 3-year extension, add free agent Miller
Bieksa led all Canucks defensemen with 30 assists and 42 points last season.
The extension runs through the 2010-11 campaign. The 26-year-old will make $4.25 million in 2008-09 and $3.5 million in each of the final two seasons. Bieksa will make $550,000 next season.
Miller's deal is for one year but financial terms were not immediately available.
Bieksa had 134 penalty minutes over 81 games last season, and was second among Vancouver skaters with an average of more than 24 minutes of ice time.
In 120 career regular-season games with Vancouver, Bieksa has 48 points and 211 penalty minutes.
Miller had eight assists and 60 penalty minutes in 82 games last season with the Los Angeles Kings.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Vancouver Canucks Rogers Arena Signature Rink Photo