Ducks forward Pahlsson undergoes surgery for hernia
The 29-year-old Pahlsson had eight goals and 18 assists last season and added 12 points during the playoffs as the Ducks won their first Stanley Cup.
He had the operation on Wednesday in Philadelphia, Burke said, and is expected to be sidelined for three to five weeks. Anaheim opens camp on Tuesday.
"We anticipate if he misses any regular-season time, it will not be a lot," Burke said.
The same doctor, Bill Meyer, performed a similar operation on Ducks goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Aug. 6. Giguere is expected to be ready to go when camp opens.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Canucks win SO; Kesler hurt, out 'a while'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Anaheim Ducks Custom Hockey Orange Hoodie