Wellwood, Colaiacovo join Maple Leafs at practice
Wellwood underwent sports hernia surgery for the second time during training camp. Colaiacovo had surgery on his right knee last spring.
"I haven't had any problems yet," Wellwood said after Saturday's pregame skate at Air Canada Centre. "Hopefully by next week I'll be in the lineup and feeling great."
Colaiacovo played in two exhibition games before the Leafs decided to slow his return from surgery.
"It feels awesome. I'm really excited to get back out there," he said. "I've gotten real strong off the ice and the knee if feeling as good as its ever felt. It's just a matter of time now and I just have to work even harder to get back."
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
- Capitals loan Neuvirth to AHL for conditioning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Women's Toronto Maple Leafs 2014 NHL Winter Classic Phil Kessel #81 Blue Premier Jersey