Senators sign journeyman forward Robitaille to add depth
The 32-year-old Robitaille, released from his Russian team, must clear NHL waivers by Wednesday before officially joining the Senators.
"He's a veteran hockey player and a local guy," said general manager Bryan Murray. "We know that he can play in this league and provide depth."
In 14 games with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv this season, Robitaille had three goals and six assists. He has 227 points (74-153) and 183 penalty minutes in 463 career games with Boston, Nashville, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, New York Islanders, Minnesota, Atlanta and Philadelphia.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla gets 2 assists as Bruins top Flames
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
- Keith, Blackhawks stay hot, top Predators
- Sharks beat Blues to sweep season series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Ottawa Senators Kids' Uniform Set