Calf injury to sideline Bieksa; Salo out with broken nose
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The Vancouver Canucks will be without two of their top defensemen, losing Kevin Bieksa to a calf injury and Sami Salo to a broken nose during a 3-0 loss to the Predators on Thursday.
Bieksa will miss up to eight weeks after sustaining a deep cut on his right calf from the skate of Nashville's Vernon Fiddler during the second period Thursday night.
Salo, playing only his fourth game after returning to the lineup from a wrist injury, was hit in the face by shot from teammate Alex Edler. It is unclear when Salo will be able to return.
The Canucks (5-8-0), who are tied for last in the Northwest Division, called up Luc Bourdon from the AHL's Manitoba Moose to fill in on the blue line.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Vancouver Canucks Navy Traverse Fleece Jacket