Calf injury to sideline Bieksa; Salo out with broken nose
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The Vancouver Canucks will be without two of their top defensemen, losing Kevin Bieksa to a calf injury and Sami Salo to a broken nose during a 3-0 loss to the Predators on Thursday.
Bieksa will miss up to eight weeks after sustaining a deep cut on his right calf from the skate of Nashville's Vernon Fiddler during the second period Thursday night.
Salo, playing only his fourth game after returning to the lineup from a wrist injury, was hit in the face by shot from teammate Alex Edler. It is unclear when Salo will be able to return.
The Canucks (5-8-0), who are tied for last in the Northwest Division, called up Luc Bourdon from the AHL's Manitoba Moose to fill in on the blue line.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla gets 2 assists as Bruins top Flames
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
- Keith, Blackhawks stay hot, top Predators
- Sharks beat Blues to sweep season series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Vancouver Canucks Navy Signature Fleece Hoodie