Bell completes 15-game suspension, will be in Leafs lineup
TORONTO -- Forward Mark Bell will make his debut for the Maple Leafs on Tuesday at Ottawa after completing a suspension for a drinking and driving incident.
Bell finished serving a 15-game ban on Saturday and will be in the Toronto lineup against the 12-1-0 Senators, the team said. The discipline stemmed from a drinking and driving incident in San Jose, where Bell played for the Sharks last year.
Kyle Wellwood, who has been sidelined after having surgery for a sports hernia, is also likely to make his season debut. The team said he'll play eight to 12 minutes, mostly on the power play. He and Bell are expected to skate on the same line.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs 2013 Center Ice Collection Royal Polo