Kubina doesn't need surgery at present but must sit out
TORONTO -- Defenseman Pavel Kubina is out of the Toronto Maple Leafs lineup indefinitely because of a ligament injury to his right knee.
Kubina injured his medial collateral ligament during Toronto's 3-2 loss to New York on Saturday night, when he was slammed into the boards by Blair Betts of the Rangers.
The 30-year-old Kubina, in his second season with the Maple Leafs, has one goal and 11 points in 18 games.
Maple Leafs general manager John Ferguson Jr. said that "surgery has not been indicated" by the team's medical staff.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs 2013 Draft Flex Fit Blue Hat