Canadiens forward draws automatic suspension for instigating
Kostopoulos was given the automatic suspension after he cross-checked Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart in a 7-4 victory Saturday night.
The league also fined Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau $10,000, which is an automatic penalty if a player gets an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of a game.
Kostopoulos had earlier traded punches with the Bruins' Andrew Alberts, and Stuart got into a fight with Montreal winger Andrei Kostitsyn. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara was also given 19 minutes in penalties for elbowing and fighting Guillaume Latendresse.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Source: Avs sign O'Reilly to two-year deal
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Montreal Canadiens Puck Mat