Canadiens forward draws automatic suspension for instigating
Kostopoulos was given the automatic suspension after he cross-checked Bruins defenseman Mark Stuart in a 7-4 victory Saturday night.
The league also fined Montreal coach Guy Carbonneau $10,000, which is an automatic penalty if a player gets an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of a game.
Kostopoulos had earlier traded punches with the Bruins' Andrew Alberts, and Stuart got into a fight with Montreal winger Andrei Kostitsyn. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara was also given 19 minutes in penalties for elbowing and fighting Guillaume Latendresse.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- CCM Men's Montreal Canadiens Knit Rib Crew Long Sleeve Blue Shirt