Jovanovski suspended for hitting Gaborik on head
Jovanovski, an 11-year NHL veteran, was assessed a two-minute roughing penalty at 19:43 of the third period Wednesday.
The 31-year-old Jovanovski will forfeit $34,759.36 in salary, the league said. He was set to miss Friday's game at Chicago.
Jovanovski has two goals and 13 assists this season.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Phoenix Coyotes Second Season Grey Flex Fit Hat