Bruins' second-leading scorer leaves after getting hit
After the game, Boston coach Claude Julien said Sturm's eye was at first completely swollen shut, but shortly after was able to open it. Julien said he didn't believe Sturm would miss the Bruins' next game at Atlanta on Wednesday night.
"We didn't want to take a chance at putting him out there," Julien said.
Sturm, who has nine goals and 20 points, played four shifts and just over 3 minutes before leaving. After being struck while on the bench, he was helped to the Boston locker room by a trainer.
Sturm has played 28 games this season, his third with Boston after being acquired from San Jose in the Joe Thornton trade in November 2005.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
- Hartley's boss defends coach over Sedin hit
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Boston Bruins Milan Lucic #17 Player Replica Gold T-Shirt