Roenick (knee), Cheechoo (groin) placed on IR
Cheechoo, the NHL's top goal-scorer in the 2005-06 season, injured his groin in Saturday's 7-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres. The season has been a disappointment for Cheechoo, who has just four goals in 28 games after undergoing double hernia surgery in the offseason.
Roenick is the Sharks' second-leading scorer in his first season with the club, with six goals and eight assists in 26 games. He's sidelined with a minor knee injury.
The Sharks activated center Marcel Goc from IR to play Tuesday night against Minnesota, and seldom-used veteran forward Curtis Brown was also in the lineup. Goc missed San Jose's previous eight games because of back spasms.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Jose Sharks Black Succeed Quarter-Zip Jersey Fleece Pullover