Numminen cleared to skate for first time since heart surgery
The 39-year-old Numminen was cleared to practice after visiting the Cleveland Clinic on Monday and following up with team doctors on Wednesday. Sabres coach Lindy Ruff estimates it will be at least a month before Numminen is ready to return to the lineup.
Numminen had surgery to repair a faulty heart valve in September. The problem was discovered after a routine checkup before training camp.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Buffalo Sabres Puck Mat