Havlat placed on injured reserve with groin injury
The right wing was hurt in the second period of the Blackhawks' 4-3 overtime win at Ottawa on Saturday. He did not play in Chicago's 3-2 home victory over Edmonton on Sunday.
Havlat missed 22 games earlier this season after injuring a shoulder in the Blackhawks' season opener at Minnesota. In 12 games this season, he has five goals and six assists.
The 26-year-old has never played an entire 82-game NHL schedule during seven seasons with Ottawa and Chicago.
Last season, his first with the Blackhawks, Havlat was limited to 56 games due to ankle, groin and shoulder injuries.
While with the Senators in 2005-06, Havlat played in 18 regular-season games due to shoulder surgery. In the playoffs, however, he had seven goals and six assists in 10 games.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Soft As A Grape Women's Chicago Blackhawks Logo Slub Shirt