Penguins rookie Kennedy to miss YoungStars game with mono
Kennedy is the second Penguins player to be forced out of the All-Star weekend. Sidney Crosby, the leading vote-getter in the All-Star balloting, won't play for six to eight weeks because of a high ankle sprain.
Kennedy has missed the Penguins' last two games because of the illness. He has eight goals and four assists in 31 games and leads NHL rookies with four game-winning goals.
The Penguins are also without forward Gary Roberts (broken leg), goalie Marc-Andre Fleury (high ankle sprain) and defenseman Mark Eaton (knee). No return date for any of the injured players has been set.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
- Ducks bring back Vatanen on 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Logo White/Brown Camo Flexfit Hat