Tootoo, first Inuit in NHL, gets new deal from Predators
General Manager David Poile announced the deal worth $1.95 million Thursday, after the team's morning skate. Drafted in 2001, Tootoo has career-highs with seven goals and 13 points in 41 games this season.
"Jordin is a physical player that can not only get under opponents' skin and draw penalties, but has proven he can score at this level as well," Poile said. "We are excited about watching his continued development over the next two seasons."
The 24-year-old Tootoo has 40 points and 365 penalty minutes in 210 career games with the Predators. He debuted in the league Oct. 9, 2003, against Anaheim and helped the Predators to their first playoff berth.
Tootoo had been averaging a career-best 10 minutes, 2 seconds per game, but has been on injured reserve since hurting his groin Jan. 8 at Los Angeles.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Quenneville sorry for gesture: 'Bush league'
- Flyers goalie Mason takes step toward playing
- Steen boosts Blues over Blackhawks in 3OT
- Stastny ties it, then lifts Avs to OT win vs. Wild
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Nashville Predators Patric Hornqvist #27 Home Gold Premier Jersey