Oilers veteran Tarnstrom traded to Columbus for Glencross
Tarnstrom has appeared in 287 career NHL games, scoring 33 goals and adding 98 assists with the Oilers, Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Islanders. In 29 games with Edmonton this season, the 33-year-old had a goal and four assists.
Before spending the 2006-07 season with HC Lugano in Switzerland, the native of Sundbyberg, Sweden, split the 2005-06 season between Pittsburgh and Edmonton and helped the Oilers advance to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Blue Jackets general manager Scott Howson was the Oilers' assistant general manager at the time.
The 25-year-old Glencross joined the Blue Jackets last season after a trade with the Anaheim Ducks. He has seven goals and six assists in 45 games with Columbus.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs expect Duchene to miss entire 1st round
- Flyers goalie Mason out for Game 2 vs. Rangers
- Oshie back for Blues after missing 3 games
- Bruins' Lucic fined $5K for spear in Game 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Columbus Blue Jackets 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Wolcott Navy T-Shirt