Crosby skating, but return to lineup still pegged for mid-March
Crosby continued with his light skating prior to Wednesday's practice at Mellon Arena, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported. According to the newspaper, Crosby has skated lightly the past few days.
The NHL's reigning MVP suffered a high right ankle sprain after crashing into the rear boards leg-first in a Jan. 18 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was ruled out of action for six to eight weeks, or until mid-March, meaning he'll miss most of the remainder of the regular season.
The Penguins emphasized Wednesday there is no updated prognosis for Crosby's return, the Tribune-Review said.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Crosby in morning skate, could play vs. Avs
- Rangers AHL player being tested for mumps
- NHL issues new memo on mumps prevention
- Predators' Neal fined $2K by NHL for diving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins 2014 Nhl Stadium Series Sidney Crosby #87 Premier Jersey