Colorado getting healthy as Sakic, Smyth, Stastny all practice with Avs
Sakic, who is recovering from hernia surgery, went through a light skate before practice Monday. It was the first time he has skated since November.
Smyth (ankle) and Stastny (appendectomy) participated in practice and both took contact. For Smyth, it was his first ice time since he was injured on New Year's Eve.
Stastny, the team's leading scorer with 49 points, has been practicing and could return soon. He's listed as questionable for Tuesday night when the Avs play Anaheim at the Pepsi Center.
Coach Joel Quenneville said Smyth could return to action this week.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Hawks' Hossa to play after missing 5 games
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Colorado Avalanche Paul Stastny #26 Home Burgundy Replica Jersey