Bruins to evaluate Ward's neck injury in Boston
Team spokesman Matthew Chmura said no decision will be made on Ward's playing status until the player is checked by the Bruins' medical staff.
Ward left Wednesday night's game after Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar raised his arm and stick, accidentally striking Ward in the throat.
Ward wasn't bleeding, but had to be helped from the ice. Coach Claude Julien later said Ward was coughing up blood as he was led away.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Boston Bruins Brad Marchand #63 Black Cyber Name and Number T-Shirt