Bruins to evaluate Ward's neck injury in Boston
Team spokesman Matthew Chmura said no decision will be made on Ward's playing status until the player is checked by the Bruins' medical staff.
Ward left Wednesday night's game after Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar raised his arm and stick, accidentally striking Ward in the throat.
Ward wasn't bleeding, but had to be helped from the ice. Coach Claude Julien later said Ward was coughing up blood as he was led away.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
- Paille to miss two games due to concussion
- Kings F Nolan suspended 1 game for punch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's Boston Bruins Cut-Up Camo/Black Z-Fit Flex Hat