Iggulden's demotion could signal Marleau's return to Sharks
The move likely clears the way for captain Patrick Marleau to return to the lineup. Marleau, in the midst of a disappointing season, has missed four games since straining his groin against Nashville on Feb. 9.
The Sharks put him on injured reserve Monday to clear a roster spot for Iggulden, who didn't score in his NHL debut against the New York Islanders.
Marleau has 10 goals and 18 assists this season, well off his point-per-game pace of the past two campaigns, and a minus-21 rating. Though Marleau hasn't been activated from injured reserve, he's expected to be back in the Sharks' lineup Wednesday night in New Jersey for the third stop of an eight-game road trip.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's San Jose Sharks Patrick Marleau #12 Teal Home Premier Jersey