Barnes to miss seven to 10 days following eye surgery
Barnes was hurt during Sunday's 1-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings but finished the game.
The club said Wednesday that Barnes can't have any physical activity for at least a week while he recovers, but he isn't expected to be out for longer than 10 days.
Barnes, a 16-year NHL veteran, played in Dallas' first 63 games. He has eight goals and nine assists in his role as a checker and penalty killer.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
- Hawks G Crawford injured against Panthers
- Flyers' Lecavalier (back) could miss month
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Dallas Stars 2013 Center Ice Collection Authentic Elite Black Fleece Hoodie