Flyers lose Richards for three weeks with torn hamstring
Things can't get much worse for the Flyers.
Philadelphia matched a franchise record with 10 straight losses Saturday night and said All-Star center Mike Richards, who leads the team with 66 points, will miss three weeks with a torn left hamstring.
"There's no sense waving a white flag right now," general manager Paul Holmgren said.
The Flyers dropped to 0-8-2 in their last 10 games, matching a franchise-worst 10-game winless mark they suffered last season when they were the worst team in the NHL.
This year promised to be different and the Flyers spent most of the year contending for the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Their wretched February, however, ended any ideas about a No. 1 seed. Now, they're in a mad scramble for the eighth seed and it's not looking good.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Los Angeles Kings Mike Richards #10 Player Replica Black T-Shirt