Dallas defenseman Zubov out 3-4 more weeks after undergoing foot surgery
Surgeons inserted a screw Sunday to help Zubov's foot injury heal faster, according to a team statement.
The 37-year-old Zubov has missed the past 17 games with the injury. He is third on the Stars with 31 assists and fourth in points with 35.
Zubov became the 15th defenseman in NHL history to reach 600 assists earlier this season. He's the only active NHL defenseman with at least 30 assists in each of the past 12 seasons.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Dallas Stars Succeed Black/Silver Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket