Dallas defenseman Zubov out 3-4 more weeks after undergoing foot surgery
Surgeons inserted a screw Sunday to help Zubov's foot injury heal faster, according to a team statement.
The 37-year-old Zubov has missed the past 17 games with the injury. He is third on the Stars with 31 assists and fourth in points with 35.
Zubov became the 15th defenseman in NHL history to reach 600 assists earlier this season. He's the only active NHL defenseman with at least 30 assists in each of the past 12 seasons.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Dallas Stars Rink Runner Floor Mat