Rangers' Mara to miss 2 weeks after facial surgery
He was examined by doctors Sunday in New York and missed a 5-0 win over Florida at home that night. Rangers coach Tom Renney said before the game that Mara wasn't diagnosed with a concussion.
The operation was scheduled for Monday at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games New York Rangers Framed Team Logo Mirror