Gratton will have surgery to repair torn labrum in left hip
Gratton will be sidelined indefinitely. A specific timeframe for his return will be determined following the procedure, which will be performed by a hip specialist, Dr. Marc Philippon of the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colorado.
The Lightning recalled right wing Junior Lessard on an emergency basis from Norfolk of the AHL. He has 16 goals and 36 points in 55 AHL games this season with Norfolk and Iowa.
Gratton has 10 goals and 11 assists in 60 games this season. He is in his second stint with the Lightning, who drafted him third overall in the 1993 NHL draft. The Florida Panthers traded him to Tampa Bay during the offseason.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
- Frolik remains with Jets, agrees to 1-year deal
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Tampa Bay Lightning Ricochet Blue T-Shirt