Red Wings defenseman plays in charity game
Fischer played in a charity hockey game Saturday in Saginaw. Proceeds helped raise money for automatic external defibrillators -- the device that revived Fischer when his heart stopped beating as he sat on the bench during a game against Nashville in November 2005.
Fischer told the Saginaw News it felt great to be back on the ice and "I was just enjoying the moment."
Fischer, a 27-year-old Czech Republic native, played 15:24 of the 45-minute game.
The event was expected to raise $15,000 to $20,000 for Fischer's Healthy Hope Foundation.
Fischer remains a member of the Red Wings, though he hasn't played since his collapse.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Detroit Red Wings 2014 NHL Winter Classic Jimmy Howard #35 Red T-Shirt