Avs' Forsberg misses second straight game with groin injury
Hampered by a groin injury, Forsberg sat out Tuesday's 5-2 win at Atlanta. He did, however, join the team for a morning skate at Philips Arena, according to The Denver Post.
"He said his groin was still bothering him," Avs coach Joel Quenneville told the newspaper. "It's a day-to-day thing right now. The fact that he was on the ice today gives you a good idea of what he could do."
Forsberg sustained the injury in Saturday's 3-1 victory over Dallas. He re-signed with the Avalanche on Feb. 25 and has two assists in three games, both coming Saturday.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this story.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Pens' Engelland suspended 5 games for hit
- Blue Jackets D Prout on IR, out 2-3 weeks
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Colorado Avalanche Teammate Logo