Chicago's Havlat has shoulder surgery, should return in fall
CHICAGO -- Blackhawks forward Martin Havlat had surgery on his left shoulder and should be ready for next season's training camp in September, the team said Thursday.
Havlat played in only 35 games this season and had 10 goals and 17 assists. He injured the shoulder in the season opener at Minnesota on Oct. 4 and missed 22 games.
After extensive rehab, he returned to the lineup on Nov. 28 but was injured again on Feb. 27 and hasn't played since.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Chicago Blackhawks Pub Table