Crosby will travel with Penguins for two-game road trip, may play vs. Isles
Crosby took part in the Penguins' pregame skate Saturday but did not play during their 7-1 victory over New Jersey that moved them into the Atlantic Division lead.
Crosby was the NHL's leading scorer when he badly sprained his right ankle while sliding hard into the boards Jan. 18 against Tampa Bay. He missed 21 games before coming back against the Lightning on March 4, playing three games until pain returned in his ankle. He sat out Pittsburgh's last five games.
"I feel like I'm better off than I was the first time I came back," Crosby said. "It feels stronger."
Marian Hossa, the Penguins' newly acquired right wing, will skate on a line with Crosby, but coach Michel Therrien isn't saying who will play on the left side.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Brooks Orpik #44 Black T-Shirt