Gomez makes Rangers return from rib injury against Devils
Gomez injured his ribs on Friday night when he crashed into the boards during a game at Philadelphia. He was forced to sit out Tuesday at home when the Rangers lost to the Flyers 2-1 in overtime, and was expected to miss at least one more game.
The playmaking center skated on his own Wednesday at practice and then joined the Rangers for the pregame warmup before New York took on the Devils.
Gomez, who until Tuesday hadn't missed a game this season -- his first with the Rangers -- has a team-high 67 points in 76 games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Flyers goalie Mason out for Game 1 vs. Rangers
- Panthers jump Sabres to win NHL draft lottery
- Malkin aims to return for Game 1 of playoffs
- Predators coach Trotz out after 15 seasons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's New York Rangers Brink Of Victory Blue Fleece Sweatshirt