Preds sign veteran forward Erat to seven-year contract
Erat ranks third on the team in career scoring (253). He joined Nashville in the 2001-02 season after being selected in the 1999 draft.
The 26-year-old Czech Republic native has averaged 53 points over the past four seasons with Nashville and had a career-high 23 goals in the 2007-08 season.
Erat has played more than 400 NHL games, all with Nashville, including 20 of the club's 22 playoff games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Nashville Predators Dart Cabinet